Chemical and microbial components that may be found in drinking water meeting US EPA regulations may have the potential to produce significant negative effects in patients undergoing hemodialysis.
A comprehensive validation testing of the system producing water for hemodialysis should be performed initially and periodically thereafter to ensure that the water treatment equipment and system sanitization processes are functioning properly.
TOC -USP<643> Microbial Enumeration Tests USP<61>
Tests for Specified Microorganisms USP<62>
Conductivity USP<645>/ pH
Bacterial Endotoxins USP <85>
Essential Analysis by ICP-MS
- Class 1 – Lead, Mercury, Cadmium
- Class 2A – Nickel, Cobalt
- Class 2B – Silver, Gold, PLatinum, Palladium, Ruthenium, Rhodium, Iridium
- Class 3 – Lithium, Copper, Molybedenum, Tin, Antimony, Barium
- Other elements – Aluminum, Beryllium, Magnesium, Sodium, Zinc